Marty is in Peru
This prayer update was written by Marty's supervisor. We wanted to share it with you so you can be praying this week. Marty & Karen
Marty Lange, the AMA Scripture Engagement Mobile Technology Services Team Leader, leaves tomorrow, Sunday 3/21, for a week in Peru to launch the first full-fledged implementation of "La Voz de la Nueva Generación" (= Voice of the New Generation) survey of cell phone usage among indigenous youth and young adults. This multinational survey is Stage 1 of our "Every Cell Phone a Bible" project. The purpose of the survey is to work with local churches to gather strategic information that will feed into training pastors and others in how to utilize mobile technology effectively as a tool for indigenous language Scripture engagement.
This week is going to be a pretty intense time of vision casting, planning with Quechua church leaders, and equipping those who will train the boots-on-the-ground implementers. Prior to this we did a successful pilot project in Guatemala. Peru is now the first full-blown survey. Guatemala and Mexico, plus an online version, are to follow. Mission leaders who know about the project are already looking forward to seeing the results and what will come from it. To our knowledge, no survey like this has ever been done before, and the felt need for it is high.
So let's be praying for Marty, the Peruvians who are coordinating the meetings this week, and everyone attending.
7 ITEMS TO BE PRAYING ABOUT THROUGHOUT THE WEEK (March 22 - 28):
- For excellent collaboration of the partners involved — JAWCA, ILMAV and ILV-Peru — and for wonderful growth of friendships as leaders from these organizations work together.
- For open hearts and minds among Quechua people to understand and own the vision of this project for effective Scripture engagement using mobile technology. Mobile tech use among them is exploding.
- For Marty to connect superbly well with his hearers as he shares his presentation with Peruvian Christian leaders on Tuesday. (I heard it yesterday and it's great!)
- For the nitty-gritty arrangements that need to be made for implementing the survey and processing of responses.
- For safety in travel.
- For the Lord to even now be raising up 120 or so Quechua young people to carry out the survey.
- For the Lord to be protecting this initiative from the typical suspicions that come to indigenous people's minds when doing a survey.
Ed Beach SIL Americas Area Director, Scripture Engagement Services "All the ends of the world shall remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations shall worship before You.For the kingdom is the Lord's, And He rules over the nations." Ps. 22:27-28